Central forces have been deployed in 168 polling stations under the West Tripura Lok Sabha constituency marked for re-poll on Sunday.
Chief Electoral Officer Sriram Taranikanti on Saturday said that foolproof security and administrative measures were in place to hold free and peaceful polls.
Re-poll at 168 polling stations tomorrow in Tripura West seat Timings are 7 A.M to 5 P.M
- Re-poll at 168 polling stations on 12,05,2019. Timings are 7 A.M to 5 P.M.
- Total Electros in the said polling stations involved in re-poll Male- 71920, Female- 69328, Third Genders -3, Total -141251.
- 168 polling parties reached safely at respective polling stations alongwith security.
- In all polling stations web camera will be installed (inside & outside). Additional videographer will also be done.
- Meeting with political parties was held by special observer and VC with DM & SP also conducted.
- Section 144 of Cr. P C has been imposed in all polling stations areas.
The Election Commission had ordered a re-poll in the West Tripura Lok Sabha constituency after finding serious irregularities in its 168 polling stations.
The Opposition parties, the Congress and the CPI(M), had alleged booth capturing and rigging in at least half of the 1,700 booths during the elections held in the first phase on April 11.