Local News

CM urges doctors to work with specific targets

Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb today urged the doctors to work for the welfare of the society with specific targets and come forward to fulfill the target of issuing cards in Ayushman Bharat scheme by March next.


He was addressing the 50th All Tripura Medical Conference (TRIMACON 2020) organized by Indian Medical Association (IMA), Tripura state branch at Muktadhara Auditorium this evening.
The Chief Minister advised the doctors to prescribe generic medicines for the welfare of poor people and encouraged them to work with specific target for better results.


Meanwhile, the IMA members who attended the conference assured the Chief Minister that they would join hands in implementing the Ayushman Bharat project well before the stipulated time.

Addressing the gathering, the Chief Minister said, “the success rate of Ujjwala Yojana in Tripura is 91 percent now. The state government would take an initiative to increase the success rate to 100 percent at state’s own.”


He continued, “we registered 91 percent success in implementing Ujjwala Yojana so far. We can also achieve 100 percent (covering the remaining 9 percent) at our own initiative. If the target is achieved Tripura, will be the first state in the country to register 100 percent success.”

The Chief Minister said, during his recent Delhi visit, Union Minister for Rural Development- Narendra Singh Tomar informed him that a central team would soon visit Tripura to study if the houses having rooms with tin-roof can be covered under this housing scheme (for making amendment in the guidelines).
“Once the Central team submits its report, the state government will take initiative to achieve 100 percent success of PMAY implementation within the stipulated time,” the Chief Minister said apart from highlighting achievements of state government in implementing Atal Jaldhara Mission.

Referring to the historic Bru settlement, the Chief Minister repeated that success can only be achieved with target-specific works.
“The state government is implementing various development works with sincerity following which Tripura got place in Prime Minister’s speech twice a day,” he said.
On another note, the Chief Minister stressed on the need for strengthening healthcare in primary health centers.

Meanwhile, some of the senior doctors and top-10 rank holders of MBBS (final)- 2019 were felicitated in the programme. A good number doctors and medical students among others attended today’s programme.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.