Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb in his tweet said “In today’s Cabinet meeting, we have approved Packaage of Schemes for Productive Employment to Persons Returned to Tripura from other states following COVID-19 situation”.
He also added that So far, 15865 Migrant workers have returned to Tripura from other parts of the country. We will open Help Desks at State, District and Block Levels and register the skills details of returned persons.
In his tweet he said “We will try to provide them employment, self-employment, wage employment and skill upgradation opportunities through Central and State Govt Schemes. We have decided to increase the budget allocation to following schemes to accommodate returned persons:
- Pradhan Mantri Employment Generation Program
- Micro Food Processing Enterprises
- National Urban Livelihood Mission
- Tripura Rural Livelihood Mission
- SC, ST, OBC, Minorities Dev Schemes
- Tripura Urban Employment Program
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gramin Kaushal Yojana
We will soon declare Portal Details and Help Desk Numbers”.