Former PM Manmohan Singh tests positive for Covid, admitted to AIIMS
Former prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh has tested positive for coronavirus today and has been hospitalised
On Sunday he wrote to PM Modi suggesting five measures to battle the Covid crisis including ramping up vaccination and boosting the supply of medicines.
India reports 2,73,810 new COVID19 cases, 1,619 fatalities and 1,44,178 discharges in the last 24 hours, as per Union Health Ministry.
Total cases: 1,50,61,919
Active cases: 19,29,329
Total recoveries: 1,29,53,821
Death toll: 1,78,769
In the wake of rising coronavirus cases, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a six-day lockdown from 10 pm on Monday night till 5 am next Monday.
- Religious places shall be permitted to open, but no visitors will be allowed.
- All private offices will go back to Work From Home mode.
- Delhi government offices and corporations shall remain closed except those involved in essential and emergency services such healthcare and emergency services will be allowed to function.
- Only 50 people will be allowed at weddings and 20 at funerals.
- All malls, cinema halls, shopping complexes, swimming pools, restaurants, salons, gyms and spas will remain shut during the curfew.
- Any social, religious, political, entertainment or sports gathering will be prohibited.
- Any national sporting event can take place at a stadium but no spectators allowed.