A fire incident occurred due to an electric short circuit in the Dialysis room of AGMC & Hospital on 01-04-2022 at 11:12 Hrs. Dr. Sarmista Debbarma and other nursing staff, namely Kalpana Jamatia (Sister-in-charge), Ujjal Debbarma (Senior Staff nurse), Rita Das (Technician), Sarita Debbarma (senior staff nurse), Supriya Nahar(Junior Staff Nurse) were present on duty at the time of the incident. They played an excellent role in extinguishing the fire and prevented its further spread. Their promptness and presence of mind resulted in effective management of fire with the help of a blanket. Private Security personnel were also present there at that time but they lacked the basic know-how on how to deal in such a difficult scenario.
Kunjaban Fire Station, after receiving the call from AGMC & Hospital, immediately rushed to the spot and overall the Fire Service crew took only 20 Sec to attend the call. Thereafter staffs of TSECL also visited the affected place. On inspection, it was revealed that the total amount of loss was approx 3000/- (three thousand). Their roles are also highly appreciable.
The Director, Fire & Emergency Services also rushed to the spot to unearth the reason of the fire as advised by Principle Secretary, Health. It may be mentioned here that, Director, F&ES and other fire officers used to carry out regular visits to AGMC & Hospital to oversee whether all the basic fire-fighting equipments were put in place or not and suggested the staff and guards to get at least basic knowledge in Fire fighting. Almost all the Private Security Men hired by AGMC & H which is around 200 needs basic training on Fire Fighting. Unless they are properly trained, the private security men would not be able to handle the situation in a proper manner.