The Tripura government extended the corona curfew in six urban local bodies of the state including the Agartala Municipal Corporation (AMC) till June 18.
Imposition of Corona day curfew w.e.f. 2 PM to 6 PM from 11th June, 2021 to 18th June, 2021 in the jurisdiction of Agartala Municipal Corporation, Dharmanagar Municipal Council, Kumarghat Municipal Council, Ranirbazar Nagar Panchayat, Sonamura Nagar Panchayat and Belonia Municipal Council.
The minister said restriction on inter-district movement was withdrawn and shops and markets would remain open in restricted areas from 6 am till 2 pm during this period.
Inter district movement of vehicles and people will remain banned till 6 PM of 18th June, 2021 only in Agartala Municipal Corporation, Dharmanagar Municipal Council, Kumarghat Municipal Council, Ranirbazar Nagar Panchayat, Sonamura Nagar Panchayat and Belonia Municipal Council.
Restrictions and Exemptions for Day Curfew
A) During above mentioned Corona day curfew period (2 PM to 6 PM) following restrictions will remain in force
- All stand alone shops and commercial establishments shall remain open only from 6 AM to 2 PM. Shop owners will ensure social distancing, wearing of masks among customers. Shopping malls and market complexes will remain closed at all times. Bazaar committees should deploy volunteers to ensure social distancing
- Vehicles other than government vehicles will be allowed to ply only from 5 AM to 2 PM for essential needs. However, this restriction shall not apply to vehicles used for medical needs even after 2 PM.
- There will be total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily
- All Government and non government offices shall remain open upto 4 pm with 50% attendance. Government offices shall operate within the restrictions of order issued vide F.2(1)/CS/Home/2020, dated 17th May 2021.
- All types of super spreading events and gathering like social/political/ entertainment/ religious/ academic/cultural/ fair/ festival related congregation will remain ceased at all times.
- No meeting/gathering at any open or closed spaces will be allowed except essential government meetings with up to 20 participants at all times